stories of a lifelong lover of food who had no choice but to go gluten-free. the trials, the triumphs and the joy of finding recipes that are worthy of sharing!

Friday, February 18, 2011

A Few Words of Thanks

     I wanted to take a quick break from my normal recipe postings and make a few overdue comments to all of the wonderful folks who have been following the blog.
     My first bit of gratitude goes to my friend, Diane (No Nuts for My Peanut), who not only inspired me to start sharing my kitchen experiences but also sent me the link to Blogger.com and assured me that even a computer illiterate like myself could create my own blog. I am making no exaggeration when I say that she changed my life! So to you, Diane, a big "thank-you!"
     I also would like to mention by name my old schoolmate and friend, Eric (My Hungry Tum), who shares my love for both food and writing and has offered many encouraging words over the past several months. And so to you, as well, Eric, a big "thank-you!"
     At the risk of sounding a bit cliche, I wish to say to my family, "Without your love and support, I would not be who I am, nor where I am today."  Those to whom I am saying these words will understand the depth of their meaning and will know that I am tearing up as I type them. "Thank-you" does not begin to express how grateful I am to each of you. Maybe I could show my appreciation by making you dinner sometime;)
     My final "merci" goes to everyone who has taken the time to check out this blog, to put their faith in me and try the recipes in their own homes, to send the kind and generous notes and e-mails that reassure me that this is a worthwhile endevor and to allow me to become a small part of their lives.  "No man is an island," and it is the relationships we build and passions that we share with one another that make life in this world so rich and fantastic. I would love for this space to become one in which we can come together as a community of people drawn to one another not only by our common passions but by the diverse wealth of experiences we may share with one another, as well. So, please, I welcome you to post your comments; share your thoughts on any of the recipes that you might have tried, add your suggestions as to how a recipe could be made even tastier, share what you have learned in dealing with restricted diets or just tell us about a fun (or funny) experience you've had with food.
For anyone who has a recipe they want to share or a dish they'd like to see highlighted in a post, I'd love to hear from you!
     Thanks again for all the support and for making me feel like a success. And, most of all, thanks for spending time In The Kitchen!

     Be Good and Have Fun.
     -jessie

2 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday Morning! I appreciate the shout out. I am also happy to say that you are doing a great job with this blog. Keep it up...

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for the appreciation. Though you are the inspiring one! You are doing such a great job. I told you that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete